Once a week, we gather stories about the media business, journalism, writing, communications, and freelancing—with a Canadian focus—and share them in Off the Wire. Who needs a water cooler?
From around the web:
- Tips for juggling writing and parenting [The Writer]
- Why I freelance: wealth and status weren’t worth my life [The Freelancer]
- Is the future of work stuck in the past? [Freelancers Union]
- ‘It’s Truly Feast and Famine’: How To Know When It’s Time To Turn Down Work [Journo Resources]
- Tech trends that could change news media in 2020 [J-Source]
- The definitive guide to using LinkedIn to get hired [Freelancers Union]
- Notes from a Hired Pen: My $135,288 Freelance Year [Tiny Letter]
- Don’t let your story pitches die a premature death [The Writer]
- 5 things to consider before you ask to pick someone’s brain [Freelancers Union]
Recently on Story Board:
- 6th annual SABEW Canada Best in Business awards open for submissions: There are 15 categories for the awards again this year, including investigative, long-form and short-form feature, and best young journalist…
Spot a story you think we should include in next week’s Off the Wire? Email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @storyboard_ca.
POSTED IN: News