CWA Canada, the country’s only all-media union and the Canadian Media Guild’s parent union, has a great opportunity for a Student/Associate Membership Co-ordinator.
This is a full-time, one-year contract based in Toronto and includes excellent wages and benefits.
The successful candidate will:
• Have strong social media and communication skills
• Be able to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Be a self-starter with strong organizational skills
• Working with the CWA Canada president, locals and students to develop and carry out campaigns and programs to build a national student movement for social justice
• Helping to grow our student/associate member program
• Liaising with CWA Canada locals to find mentors to pair with students
• Using social media and producing a regular e-Newsletter for members
• Helping with other union projects, including freelance organizing
Knowledge of French is an asset. CWA Canada is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity-seeking groups.
CWA Canada represents 6,000 members at media companies such as the CBC, The Canadian Press, Thomson Reuters and newspapers coast to coast.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline is Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2016.